Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowman's Best Friend...


      Man's best friend can also be a snowman's best friend in this card with a stamped image from There She Goes (Snowy Days) and ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon Club. For the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #15 I used something new. The something "new" was the paper that my friend Alexa and I received from our friend Cheryl (we basically consider ourselves family not just friends) for Christmas. Cheryl put some paper and ribbons together as a joint gift and when Alexa and I opened it you would have thought it was the last food on earth - we were both grabbing everything as it came out of the bag. I think our husbands were worried for a moment that this was heading to a real craft smack down. Well, we did manage to calm down and equitably divide it all and thoroughly enjoyed playing with our new papers and ribbons.

Other supplies used in this card included copic markers in Robins Egg Blue (B02), Putty (YG91), Toner Gray (T3) and Lilac (V04).

Where did this creative adventure take me?... To a day of fun playing with my new craft items (thanks Cheryl). Stay warm harted!
                            Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a very funny moment as we grabbed for ribbon and paper. However, imagine my surprise when I left the fray to check on dinner and then turned to see our 'warm-harted' Elizabeth measuring and cutting each piece of ribbon to ensure we each get the exact same amount. She divided all the paper the same way. Then placed our new items at our chairs in my craft room so that we'd be ready to go in the morning. And we wonder why people think of this hobby as an obsession??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper and ribbons on sale at Michaels- $30.00

    Entertainment value watching the "smack down" - Priceless!!!

    Cheryl ---

    ReplyDelete