Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cheery, Cherry Pocket Card...

A cheery, cherry pocket card is distinquished by multi-patterns and multi-layers and was inspired from my friend Alexa's card below. We are cardmaking buddies. She made the valentine card for me to give to my husband one year when I had a family emergency and was required to be out of state during Valentines Day. The card is designed with three full pockets to add little notes, tags or mementos. It could easily be converted to a scrapbook page with little mementos tucked in the pockets.The darling cherry chipboard and sentiment is from My Minds Eye and embellished with diamond stickles. The cherry paper (gosh, I love that paper) is also from My Minds Eye "fine and dandy" collection.  

 Here is the inspiration card in these beautiful rich red tones. The little tag to tuck in a pocket is embellished with three coordinating hearts that Alexa punched out and added to the tag. My husband loved it. I loved that she thought enough to make it for me to give a loved one when I did not have time to make my own card.

My card is being submitted to the Do You Stack Up challenge #4 (patterned paper) and 365 Days challenge#333 (Layers).

Hope these pocket cards inspire a card or a scrapbook page.

Stay warm harted,
Elizabeth

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember making this. Can NOT believe you saved it! Your cherry creation is just what the card says . . . . .AMAZING!! Try to stay 'warm harted' in all this snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very gorgeous card Elizabeth
    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love all the patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love the papers. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those colours - good dose of spring

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elizabeth, nice to see you playing along at DYSU again! I really like the patterned paper you used, thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO cute! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete